Tuesday 12 June 2007

Today I'm thinking in Detroit Cobra...



I love the Detroit Cobras. I've loved them ever since I discovered 'I wanna Holler (but the town's too small) back in 2005 and put it on a mix CD for a girl who pretty much hated me and definitely hated the song. I've given in to several people since but I think it's not really rubbed off on them too well. Screw them crazy kids, the song is a blast from start to finish and a great one to scream at the top of your lungs as a 'rapist diversion tactic' whilst walking home after a night out. Ooohhh no. Don't tell me you don't do that. I've heard you.

So here's the track, love it, roll it around your head space and feel each thump of the bass line. I warn you, some people may find themselves involuntarily clicking their fingers. It will get under your skin in a good way. You know, like friendly lice.

Detroit Cobras - I Wanna Holler (but the town's too small)

I thought I could never love the Detroit Cobras more. Then today I had kindof a sucky day; work was insane, I had shoulder pain that no matter what weird athletic pose I bent my desk chair into would not be alleviated, it was hot and I was in denim (like the 80's, huzzah!). I had my ipod on shuffle and was pacing the station platform when BAM! A song came on I totally couldn't remember hearing before. I instantly hit back and listened again, and there they were - the freakin' Detroit Cobras! This song is so awesome, it totally makes me want to put the collar of my leather jacket up, flip you my two thumbs and go "HEEEEYYYYY!"

The Detroit Cobras - (I wanna know) What's goin' on

It's like the Cobras have found the recipe for a perfect song - Parentheses, the word "wanna" and a really cute female singer. Oh, and hand claps. Did I mention hand claps?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.