Sunday 10 June 2007

Andrew Bird Vs. Dosh...

Two posts in one day? Holy Foccaccia!



So as y'all know I was at the Andrew Bird gig the other day, listening to him jam with Mr. Martin Dosh. I gave you some Andrew Bird and a little St. Vincent but holy hell, where's the Dosh?! So, in order to be extra lovely and because it's been a beautiful weekend here in the hot hot city I'm giving you a little audio comparison. First of all I'm hitting you up with Simple Exercises from Dosh's Pure Trash album. It's a smooth lesson in keys layered with quiet whispers and gradually building break-beats which challenge the occasional dissonance in the melody. Or, in fewer words, it's deyyamm suweet. Next I want you to listen to Simple X which finds Mr. Bird adding his signature whistles and lilting vocals to the Dosh track. Question is, which do you prefer? And indeed, does it matter? They're both Hot Sh*t!!

Dosh - Simple Exercises

Andrew Bird - Simple X

[by the way, the Andrew Bird track was given to me on a slightly oddly monikered mix cd... so it may show up a little strangely on your I-tunes!]

No comments: