Tuesday 12 August 2008

Southern Fried King-style...



Ah Kings of Leon. Not since they shaved their beards and got all aggressive have I had a bad thing to say about these four scarily related indie boys; in fact, unlike some of my 'sophomore slump' crying contemporaries, I have liked each album better in succession; with third album Because of the Times still receiving heavy rotation on my imaginary record player.

Now, hot on the heels of a summer of touring duties, the boys are ready to drop their new effort, Only By the Night, a sexy little title for what promises to be a sexy little LP. So far the group have released two tracks for preview on their official site, the thundering dominatrix-y 'Crawl' and the dancey 'Sex on Fire'; which, although lumbered with a title that Prince may have come up with during a particularly hairy chested moment, is a great party song and rocking enough to put an end to spandex-clad Leons nightmares... ahem.

Have a sample below; if these don't get you excited for September 23rd, you're a big ol' meanie, and you're not getting a hipster scout badge.
Crawl
Sex on Fire


P.S. Of course, if you like what you hear, head on over to the bands'official site to pre-order your copy today!

3 comments:

The Girl Who Fell Asleep said...

You are so funny. I like Prince.

And you. Sometimes.

xx

Eat Paris said...

Ha thank you! I like Prince too, but I prefer you xx

The Girl Who Fell Asleep said...

Good...!

Mmmm..pudding.

I need you to call AOL for my mum later and cancel the account. Apparently, they won't talk to her even though it's her credit card I used!

And now she's all pissed off because AOL are taking money every month for a service that nobody at home is even using! Whoopsies :)

xxx