Monday 4 June 2007

A Manic affair to remember...



So Sunday night Wales' finest export after sheep-related humour came to Truro, Corwall's only city, for an intimate gig before their just announced arena tour. I was there, I took the above shot from my place smooshed up against the barrier like the hard-core manics fan pro I am, and am thrilled to announce it was bloody good. The band played with the confidence I guess only nearly 20 years on the road and losing a band-member (and surviving) can give you and the crowd were absolutely 'avin it large.

I did manage to film James Dean Bradfield's acoustic and heartfelt tribute to missing Manic Richey Edwards but you'll have to wait till I've YouTubed it for that visual masterpiece (oh sony ericsson, I love you, then I hate you...) but for now enjoy this twin-set of stadium-rock offerings from the Welsh kings of pop-rock themselves. The first, The Second Great Depression is from new Album Send Away the Tigers and second track, Enola Alone is an excellent pop-rock song from the hugely successful come-back album after Rickey's disappearance, Everything Must Go

The Second Great Depression
Enola Alone

(with both files, right-click; save as)

1 comment:

mrsmanics said...

Ooooh, a nice review and also a cracking photo. Looking forward to seeing the video on YouTube, too.

Love the site, too!

xxxx